Department of Applied Information Systems is based in June 2016. The department has highly qualified teachers with extensive teaching and practical commercial experience in the development and application of modern information technology. Applications – a software designed to solve applied problems and focused on the automation of certain types of economic or other activities.
Applied Information Systems – a promising field of study and work, because the issues affecting innovation in various activities. This transdisciplinary science that combines a variety of sectors and activities and disciplines. Applied Information Systems is the engine, without which virtually impossible to solve the problem of application areas such as IT in the agricultural sector, the power industry, engineering, finance and banking, etc. For example, the economy is transformed into digital, a form of work organization in the network, and by becoming virtual. Now unimaginable professional work without information technology computer network information system. For almost every application tasks performed using specific software: 1C, Galaxy, Sail, Audit Expert, Risky Project, Master MRP and others. Students receive training for basic knowledge in the field of analytics, development and implementation of applications in the field of economy and finance, medicine, education, science and more.
Department of Applied Information Systems provides students training program “Applied Information Systems” 122 specialty “Computer Science and Information Technology” area of expertise 12 “Information Technology”.
Experts from the application of information systems focused on the use of new information and communication technologies for decision making in various application areas and sectors of the national economy.
Our teachers teach:
- apply the methods and software for solving optimization applications;
- develop decision support systems;
- solve problems forecasting and modeling processes various application areas and implement their systems analysis;
- develop a database (store) information or knowledge to choose their control systems;
- develop mathematical modeling of complex decision processes;
- develop and implement information systems applications with advanced ICT based project management and more.
Experts from the application of information systems designed to implement all stages of the software to the customer: definition and analysis of customer requirements, designing the architecture of a software system, detailed design, construction, integration of software and their testing, installation, maintenance, support, and promote the timely replacement / removal software manual.
Task chair teachers provide students with professional competence development of application software and teach modern trends, techniques and technology development, implementation and maintenance of software applications, including:
- understanding of the responsibilities of the various team members to develop application software, software development manager, architects, programmers, testers, designers, system analyst etc;
- possession of advanced strategies and technologies of developing application software, including system version control, continuous integration processes, standards of design software system and methods of inspection code;
- flexible ownership and other methodologies for software development.
Experts from Applied Information Systems gain knowledge and skills to develop solutions to meet the needs of various business areas and solve practical problems. Application areas vary widely from educational and business software applications, data analysis in the development of mobile and web applications.
Branches of knowledge Applied Information Systems
In the field of mathematical training:
- Discrete Math.
- Fundamentals of mathematical logic.
- Methods of computing.
- Graphs and trees.
- Probability theory.
- Algebraic structure.
- Numerical Methods.
- Optimization methods.
- Operations Research.
- Mathematical modeling etc.
In the area of programming:
- Algorithms and Data Structures.
- Basic programming.
- Object-oriented programming.
- Parallel and distributed computing and so on.
In the field of technology and software development processes:
- Methodology development and software maintenance.
- Analysis software requirements.
- Design architecture.
- Development of web applications.
- Development of service-oriented and client-server applications.
- Testing software.
- Modern development methodology.
In the field of data processing:
- Fundamentals of modern database management systems.
- Theory and database design.
- Decision Support Systems.
- Organization and processing of electronic information
In the area of technical training:
- Architecture, construction and operation of computer systems.
- Fundamentals of modern operating systems.
Functional and professional duties in the field of Information Technology (Bachelor)
- Definition of strategy implementation software according to the chosen model life cycle, scope, size and complexity of the project.
- Detection and analysis of requirements to software.
- Evaluation criteria requirements for compliance with requirements, capacity for testing the feasibility of the system architectural design, operation and maintenance.
- Development of specifications scenarios of user interaction with the system and other artifacts requirements analysis software.
- Interaction with copyright holders, customers and users on the system requirements for the software.
- Design Architecture software.
- Detailed design software to the level of program blocks and external interfaces.
- Develop and debug code in a module and base (repository) data.
- The development and establishment of testing procedures for each software module.
- Analysis and optimization of code and testing procedures using appropriate tools.
Professional activities of graduates linked to the information technology industry and development, introduction and maintenance of competitive software applications in the fields
- Economics. In general, the information technology economy is defined as the set of actions of economic information for making optimal effective solutions.
- Publishing. For businesses, publishing and printing industry is an important application of information technology to improve manufacturing processes of preparing and printing products, workflow, administration and distribution of publications.
- Law. Developers and support the drawing up special programs for organizing high quality and quick work of lawyers, there was widespread legal reference systems. They now account for more than a hundred, for example Law League.
- Management. With the application of information systems collect and organize data software systems that provide decision-making based business process automation in management, information systems management contribute to greater efficiency and specificity managerial activities, ensure timely all administrative payments, monitoring of administrative decisions and back communication, managerial improvement of enterprises and improve on this basis their performance.
- Sociology. This is the application of mathematical statistics on the results of the survey, construction of model solutions of social processes, automated surveys.
- Chemistry. Development and maintenance of specialized programs that model the behavior of materials, which greatly help develop the science.
- Design. This subject area using various graphic programs and editors that are part of the culture of information, facilitating the work of designers, contributing to the emergence of new areas of innovation and style in the design of the third millennium.
- Tourism. This industry has adapted to the introduction of modern information technology, as experienced significant effect of scientific and technological progress. Includes information systems management, global reservation systems, multimedia integrated communications networks for business tourism and others.
- Medicine. Modern information technology is increasingly used in healthcare that is convenient and sometimes necessary. This medicine, including alternative, becoming today a completely new features. Many medical studies always use the computer and application software. This process is accompanied by significant changes in medical theory and practice associated with making corrections as in preparation of health workers, and for medical practice.
- Psychology. Modeling of mental and behavioral processes helps in identifying and describing many phenomena in psychology. Modern realities require specialists in social and political sciences, including psychology, ownership system practical skills in the basics of using multimedia display technology, information retrieval systems through integrated information processing using networks, creating electronic systems testing and surveys, use of electronic libraries guidance and psychological bases of regulations, means of statistical processing and analysis psychologically studies, the ability to effectively work with electronic documents.
- Education. The process of learning, especially distance, be sure to use the application software. In education informatization access to global information resources; reduces dependence teaching and learning of the location of actors and timeframes; helps improve
Objects of professional activity
- applications, software systems and complexes and their mathematical and algorithmic models;
methods of design and implementation of application software systems;
- ways to support software systems in various areas;
- automated data processing and control facilities and so on.
Requirements individual abilities
Creativity, curiosity, abstract and systematic thinking; diligence, attentiveness; accuracy; persistence; purposefulness; responsibility; teamwork; independence; penchant for intellectual activities; learning, strategic thinking.
The graduate program “Applied Information Systems” can run a software engineer; Systems Analyst; testers, specialist implementation, debugging, maintenance of information systems; system administrator; IT managers in the following areas:
- development of cloud solutions and decisions, including electronic commerce;
- Development of mobile applications;
- develop web applications;
- maintenance and support of software systems;
- analyst others.
The list of subjects that students study the Department of Applied Information Systems
- Compulsory subjects
- Foreign language for professional purposes.
- Discrete Mathematics (using information technologies).
- Mathematical analysis.
- Programming and applied information systems.
- Information systems and technology statistics.
- Algorithms and Data Structures.
- Corporate information systems.
- Information systems in accounting and audit.
- Ukrainian and foreign culture.
- Principles of Ecology.
- Applied Statistics (using information technologies).
- Image processing and multimedia.
- Relational industrial and post relational database.
- Methods and tools for object-oriented design and programming.
- Information systems in the financial and banking management.
- Information systems and technology enterprises.
- Distributed information-analytical system.
- Selected sections of labor law and the foundations of entrepreneurship and more.
- Disciplines selection Universities
- Application Software.
- Organization and processing of electronic information.
- Project management software.
- Software Information Systems.
- Architecture and design software.
- Decision Support Systems.
- Machine learning.
- Design and programming sites.
- Technology development of web services and more.
- Subjects of free choice of the student
Specialization 1. Specialization «Information and communication technology»
- Agent technology.
- Cloud technology.
- Technologies distributed systems and parallel computing.
- Computer architecture.
- Electronic document.
- Information systems management.
- Office and publishing.
- Subject and applied information technology.
Specialization 2. «Specialization «Application programming»
- Cross-platform programming
- Organization of data and knowledge.
- Modeling business processes.
- Industrial technology development programs.
- Information systems and technology.
- Application package.
- Web technology.
- Software maintenance and standardization of ICT.
3.1. Choose from the list (student chooses one discipline from each list)
List № 1
- Big Data.
- Information retrieval systems.
List № 2
- The technology development of large software systems.
- Ukrainian language (for professional purposes).
List № 3
- Information Management.
Research and development
To research plans include:
– the fundamental direction: further study of the digital economy; IT development of information retrieval systems; IT creation of client-server information systems; IT creation of service-oriented e-commerce and e-government, research and application of optimization methods in problems of planning, design, diagnosis, pattern recognition; Research and implementation projective-iterative methods in the overriding task; Theory and Practice of generalized table algebra and its applications in modern information technology storage, probability theory on algebraic, topological and fractal structures and so on.
– applied direction:
- software development efficiency of web technologies;
- developing models and methods of implementation of electronic shops;
- development of decision support system to manage cyber information and communication systems, etc.
Possible topics degree student work:
- Web-oriented information CRM-system.
- Software development for rapid monitoring of pollution.
- Development of an automated budgeting of IT companies.
- Development and design of distributed control systems freight arrangements.
- Software development automation of inventory control.
- Information system route selection motor traffic.
- Software implementation valuation of residential and commercial premises.
- Design and implementation of software systems for scheduling classes universities.
- Economic modeling of dynamic systems through differential equations or systems.
- Software implementation model of social mobilization.
- Development of genetic algorithms to solve NP complete problems.
- Development of decision support system to manage cyber defense in the corporate information system.
- Development of adaptive expert system for information security procedures using the clustering features of anomalies
Members of the department
- Head of Department, Dr. Sci. Pleskach Valentina Leonidivna
- Ph.D., Assoc. Kovtun Oksana I.
- Ph.D., Assoc. Senchenko Alexey
- Ph.D., VO Lesko. Zhikharev Julia I.
- VO Lesko. Duhnovska Ksenia K.
- specialist Pechenenko Eugene M.